Wednesday, June 10, 2009

coffee and legal pads

Things with Bogie have been really stressful. I worry about him like he's a little baby and today I'm leaving him home alone and not closed up in the utility closet. With the way he's been doing when I'm asleep at night, I think he will be fine, but still I worry. I took him to the vet on Sunday because I discovered fleas while bathing him the night before. This has also caused a little strain, because that vet visit depleted my funds until this coming Monday. He's also sneezing a lot, which makes me think I need to take him back to the vet. But the sneezing started Monday and the day before the vet had said his lungs sounded good, so I guess I will just monitor his condition and take him if I feel I need to next week.

Jon-Michael and I have decided to go to Chicago for 4th of July weekend. It was a spur of the moment sort of thing, and now I'm beginning to wonder if I can afford it. My credit card bill is a little more than usual for June because of the fact that my finance charges have put me over my credit limit. Personally, I think that's bullshit and finance charges should not count against you. After all, that's not money that you actually spent. Whatever. And I am really going to have to stock up on food this time around so I don't have that to worry about when it comes time for my end of the month paycheck (since most of that's going to have to go to my trip). I will be making slightly more money at work as of the 30th, but it's only like $30 a paycheck, so that won't make much difference right away. That's a tank of gas though, so I guess that's something to be grateful for.

Why can't it just be January so I can get my year-end bonus?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you guys are coming to see me. Don't worry, I'm broke as hell too, so I'll plan some cheap/free stuff for us to do.

    I didn't know finance charges count against credit limits. I need to watch that. My finance charge is like $40 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that either until I went online to check my minimum payment and it was higher than usual. It had my balance as being over my limit, and I knew I had not gone over. I was close, but not over. Then I discovered I got charged $29 for going over my credit limit. Bullshit.

    ReplyDelete