Monday, January 16, 2012

Long time. Long time no see, huh?

I felt bad for slacking on my posts, until I logged onto Blogger to see that none of the blogs I currently follow have been updated in at least two months. Glad to see I'm not the only lazy DOB out there. (DOB - daughter of a bitch)

I have been busy almost constantly for the last six weeks. I've been driving back and forth from Lexington to Campbellsville, or Lexington to Lousiville, or any combination of those locales, a lot recently so I feel like I've hardly had time for myself. My nieces are still in the hospital but are doing great. They still receive some milk via feeding tube, so they can't come home until they're able to take 100% of their milk by bottle, but they are progressing nicely in this area. They've both also put on over a pound since birth and should both hopefully be a little over four pounds when they come home, which may or may not be at the same time.

We have all been incredibly blessed over the last six weeks to receive so much love, support, and prayers from people who will never really even be involved in the girls' lives. It's amazing how small communities pull together in times of crisis.

This past weekend was stressful. We had finally rescheduled the baby shower for Saturday the 14th, and so in order to get down there and start preparing for that, I went to Campbellsville after work Thursday evening. Unfortunately the road conditions were not good and my usual hour-and-a-half trip was stretched out to 2 hours and 20 minutes. It was agony and made me never want to get in a car again. But the baby shower went well, and I got to spend quite a bit of time at the hospital during the day on Friday, so all in all I would say it was a good weekend. I am exhausted, though, and I feel like this day of work has gone on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment