Friday, October 2, 2009

I may not be 13 and hip, but read my blog anyway!

I've been taking a look at Tavi Gevinson's blog just now. Saw a blurb about it on MSN and decided I should check it out. There's lots of stuff from Fashion Week, which doesn't really interest me, but I'm very impressed with her writing style (especially the fact that she is a good speller and knows the basic rules of grammar - so rare for someone her age these days!). Anyway, I feel like an old fart considering this girl that was born when I was in the fourth grade has gotten more attention than I probably ever will.

Bogie is driving me crazy. He's climbing from the bar stools onto the bar now and has ended up in the kitchen sink more than once. No matter how many times I pull him down from there, he still finds his way back up. It's impossible to discourage him.

I am trying to finish up season four of The Golden Girls tonight. I know I've seen every single episode of this show as much as I used to watch it back in high school, but renting it on Netflix is allowing me to see them in order, which is nice. This is one of many shows, however, that doesn't have much continuity. Each episode could practically stand on its own, less the major background details that provide insight into the behavior of the characters, and it's slightly frustrating how details about minor characters get changed from season to season. I'm also watching quite a bit of Will & Grace. I now own every season but the final one of that, and I'm really enjoying me some Karen Walker right now. I want to walk around with a martini glass and call everyone honey.

Oh, and speaking of things to read:

http://www.examiner.com/x-6566-Nashville-Gay-Community-Examiner~y2009m10d1-One-Million-Moms-Attack-the-Modern-Family-with-Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment