Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's not unusual to be loved by anyone.

A couple of weeks ago I hung out with one of my closest friends from work. It was the first time we'd ever done anything outside of work together. We had a really nice time, got to talk a little bit, but the best part was taking a walk around her neighborhood. She was telling me stories about her neighbors. It was amazing. Every house we passed, she knew personal details of these people's lives. It was like it was 1957 or something. I was so impressed that in a place as big as Lexington, people still know their neighbors. Made me a little nostalgic.

I stopped by the theater earlier and saw Extract. I also put in an application because I need a little part time work. Anyway, this month marks two years since I worked there. It's incredible. Sometimes it feels like longer since I worked there, and other times it doesn't feel that long. I'm confident I could go behind that counter and still work those registers today.

I'm really low on money right now, so I will be trying to get a part-time job, at least for the holidays. So, if anybody knows of someone that's hiring...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I want to live in your Friend's neighborhood! Just sayin'

    Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete