Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lindsanity

Considering I have been at work all day, I am slightly embarrassed to admit I have spent the majority of my day watching the Lindsay Lohan court hearing. I have always gotten sucked into real-life crime dramas easily, and actually this is the most minor offense I have ever found this much intrigue in. Of course, that being said, I have never watched any court action go down as it was occurring. There was the Simpson trial that EVERYONE watched, but I was very little when that happened, so even though I saw parts of it, I didn't fully understand what was going on or why it was so important.

I probably watched about 85% of the hearing, maybe slightly more. I did have work to do from time to time, but even when I wasn't watching I was listening. To be honest, I was surprised by the judge's decision. At the same time, I am glad. I think the only thing left that can save Lindsay from herself is the sentence she received. Of course, I realize it's unlikely she'll spend the full 90 days in jail, but I can hope, can't I?

I know it's ridiculous that I even care, but I kind of feel like I grew up with Lindsay and I want her to do well and succeed, and be healthy while doing so. She's in a downward spiral and I sincerely hope rehab will help her. I don't want her to end up like Anna Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment