Friday, January 23, 2009

On tonight's agenda: contemplating suicide.

Not really. Don't send the fucking cops over here or something.

Last weekend, let's just say I had some "issues" with my car that are basically straightened out now. Poor little Reba Nell has a hole where someone decided to bust my front bumper and not let me know about it. So, I have to be out $250 (and that's just my deductible) to get her all patched up. Granted, I could be like all those other people who don't get their wrecked cars fixed, but seeing as how my car is the only tangible thing I own, I kind of like to keep her looking sharp. Now, the reason I said "contemplating suicide" is that I have a hard enough time paying all of my bills as is. Throw in an extra $250 expense and we begin to have a much more serious problem. I could wait until I get my tax refund back, but that's my Vegas1 money. So I'm just going to have to cut even more corners than usual for the next month or two so that I can pay for these repairs.

But now I'm seriously freaking out about money. I'm trying to figure out which bills to pay when in order for me to have the most money available out of tomorrow's paycheck to get my car fixed. With me doing this, my rent is going to be barely on time for the next two months, if not longer. This will leave less money for me to spend on food than usual, and I can forget about leaving the house because I won't be able to afford the gas to go anywhere but to work. I've really not been wanting to go back to school because...well, I just don't want to...but I'm starting to think I may have to in order to get people to take my degree seriously. I can't even get a fucking internship!

Ugh, okay. Enough complaining. It's time to go to bed. I have to get up in the morning to go get my tags renewed. (Another wonderful unexpected expense.)

1My Vegas money is not gambling money as one might think. This refers to the money I have to spend this year in order to finally go see Bette Midler, the love of my life, live in concert. Plus all the Bette-related merchandise I will be purchasing while I'm there...

No comments:

Post a Comment