Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sleepwalking Angel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I have been working without a day off since March 12 and working two jobs since the 16th. My brain feels like it is trying to claw its way out of my head. I can't relax, and even when I manage to it isn't for very long. I'm still cooking myself dinner almost every night and managing my laundry and cleaning. I will be so glad when I finally get two paychecks at once because I have yet to reap any financial benefits from this seeming torture I am putting myself through.

I still like my new job, don't get me wrong. It's way better than all of the kissing ass I have to do at Whole Foods all the time. Customer service is a joke and anyone who works it, with the exception of people who never finished high school and have had five children within the time they get their driver's license and their thirteith birthday (Am I spelling thirteith wrong? It looks wrong.), deserves better.

Yesterday they set me loose and my work no longer has to be double-checked. Yay! I have been called awesome by my bosses. ("You are doing an...," wait for it, "awesome job.") Things are running quite smoothly, but I what I do is so repetitious that it constantly leaves me second-guessing myself. (Did I already check that form? Did I have enough copies of this one?) I have to find a way to make it exciting again. I know that if I weren't so wiped out in general that I would probably be okay with everything there, but right now I am just going through the motions everywhere. The only thing that has brought me joy in the past week is Stevie. Watching her, listening to her, and thinking about my next day off: April 18th, when I will be driving to Columbus to SEE HER LIVE. She is the only thing that is getting me through.

I wish I had some wonderful, wise Stevie words to say now. Ah! I shall leave you with this:

Take me sleeping angel,
Catch me if you can,
And unbraid with all the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain


(Thanks Kent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment