Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm a broke-ass bitch.

I still have a defunct power cord at home, so no laptop usage for me. Back to the good ole public library.

I've been working on my tax stuff and am very disappointed to only be receiving $220. I made more than I ever have last year, pushing me up into a new tax bracket, apparently, because I'm not getting shit. I made $7000 more in '08 than '07, and last time I got back $850. It makes absolutely no fucking sense to me. Worst of all though, this kills all of my dreams of possibly seeing Bette Midler this year. I'm already broke all the time, plus I just spent $250 getting my car fixed. I was relying on a solid tax return to send me to Las Vegas, but alas, no. I never get what I want.

So I have decided it is time to turn to the gods of celebrity for help. I'm considering even going to YouTube for this if I have to, but look out here in the next little bit for an open letter to Ellen DeGeneres.

Oh, and I finally got my car back last Wednesday. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting approximately $100 back, but I only made $1200 for all of 2008.

    A big "woot!" for poverty.

    I hope you get to see Bette. YouTube sounds like the way to go--maybe Bette would see it.

    ReplyDelete