Thursday, September 17, 2009

If it weren't for days like today, I'd go crazy.

I love my days off. I cherish them.

Today I was lazy and didn't really do anything until about four, when I finally decided to vacuum and do a little poop-scooping. I took a shower and headed off to Kroger to finish up some grocery shopping. I spent way more money than usual at Walmart this time, but I still needed meat and produce. When I got to Kroger and pulled a shopping cart out, I noticed there was something that I thought was a dark leaf in the cart. Just as I was getting ready to go around and get it out, I noticed it was moving. So I got around where I could see it and as it started to climb between the holes in the bottom of the cart, I saw that it was a tiny little bat. I started to move the cart around so I could go show the guy that was working at the door, but before I got all the way over there, the bat flew off, straight through the front doors. It was so cool.

I made orange chicken for dinner tonight, after much debate. But I'd been craving it and decided that now was as good a time as any to do it since I have plans for the next few days after work and wouldn't have time. I'm so glad I made it because it was fantastic. I have never been so pleased with something I cooked before. Of course, it was a little kit that I bought. It's not like I made the coating for the chicken or the orange sauce from scratch, but the whole thing still went really well. I wish I didn't have to save some of that for lunch at work tomorrow, because I wanted to finish it all!

I'm sitting here watching the Stevie Nicks Soundstage DVD. I know I say this often, but I want to make babies with that woman. Now I'm going to sit back and listen to "Sara".

No comments:

Post a Comment