Monday, September 14, 2009

We're having a baby, my baby and me.

I had a dream on Saturday night that I was pregnant. It seemed that I hadn't known very long that I was pregnant, but I was quite far along. There was no talk about the baby's father, and I could tell from a few things my mom said in the dream that I was not married. I wasn't being totally chastised for being an unwed expectant mother (which would most definitely not be the case in real life), and at the same time I wasn't afraid of handling the situation completely on my own. The most amazing thing about the dream was how realistic it felt. I woke up still remembering the extra weight on my lower back and how swollen and tight my belly felt.

It was a reminder to me of how much I really do want a baby. I'm broke and sometimes I go out to bars too much, yet I really want a baby. Not the right time in my life, clearly, but the dream can serve as a reminder to me of where I want to be in ten years (or hopefully less).

No comments:

Post a Comment