Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Julie/Julia Project

I just saw Julie & Julia. First let me just say that Meryl Streep is FABULOUS and was simply delightful in this movie. Secondly, like many movies of its nature, this movie inspired me to do something. I haven't figured out what yet, but I know that I must set some sort of short term goal for myself in an attempt to not only better myself, but to get people to read my blog as well. I'm thinking at this point that my goal needs to be related to writing, but blogging about writing just seems a little redundant. Unless of course the writing involved was songwriting. Then I might be able to go somewhere with that. It also helps that I happen to know a guy in a band who could maybe help me out and give my song a little local exposure, but that just seems like reaching too far.

I could set a goal to read all of a particular author's books in a certain amount of time or watch all of someone's movies in a certain amount of time, but those things don't really seem very productive to me. Of course, this whole cookbook thing is actually not a bad idea. After all, I'm not a cook, and trying to get through a certain number of recipes in a certain amount of time would eventually turn out to be fruitful for me. But let's face it. That would take way more money than I can possibly invest in a hobby right now. (See my last blog post.)

On that note, I'm going to try to not freak out about this student loan repayment stuff. I'm going to find a way to make it work for the next six months and then just figure it out from there. After all, I have that check to get me started. I did, however, go out and spend some money today, but it was on food and clothing (besides going to the movie and getting no refreshments) so I think that's okay. I needed some new tops for work and I think spending $5 at the grocery can never be a bad thing. I really wanted to buy Reba's new CD too, but nobody had it for less than $13.99 and I just wasn't willing to spend that in my current financial state.

Time to update/charge my iPod, eat a little something, then go to bed. I have to work 10-6 tomorrow. Stupid holiday hours.

And if anyone has any suggestions for a project I can set a goal for, I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment