Saturday, September 4, 2010

30 Day Stevie Nicks Challenge - Day 1

I am going to have to tweak this challenge just a little bit so that it will fit Stevie since she is not an actress, but I think I can make it work.

Day 01 – When and how were you first introduced to Bette Midler Stevie Nicks?
Day 02 – Favorite album, and favorite song off that album
Day 03 – Favorite quote
Day 04 – Favorite Bette Midler movie character Favorite homage to Stevie in film
Day 05 – A photo of Bette Midler Stevie Nicks in the year that you were born
Day 06 – Least favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks album
Day 07 – A photo that makes you laugh
Day 08 – A photo that makes you go UNF
Day 09 – Your favorite era
Day 10 – A Bette Midler Stevie Nicks-related video
Day 11 – A Bette Midler Stevie Nicks-related photo you took
Day 12 – Your favorite music video
Day 13 – A song that makes you cry
Day 14 – A song that forces you to dance
Day 15 – Favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks-related website
Day 16 – Favorite physical feature of Bette Midler Stevie Nicks’
Day 17 – Least favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks song
Day 18 – Favorite album or single artwork
Day 19 – Favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks magazine cover
Day 20 – A Bette Midler Stevie Nicks-related dream you’ve had
Day 21 – First Bette Midler Stevie Nicks item you ever got
Day 22 – Favorite tour
Day 23 – Favorite performance
Day 24 – Favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks tumblr
Day 25 – Favorite Bette Midler movie Favorite Stevie Nicks song character
Day 26 – Favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks interview
Day 27 – Your favorite outfit/fashion statement
Day 28 – Favorite Bette Midler Stevie Nicks photo
Day 29 – How has Bette Midler Stevie Nicks inspired you?
Day 30 – Whatever tickles your fancy

Let the games begin!

Day 01 – When and how were you first introduced to Stevie Nicks?

Being the music aficionado that I am, and considering my father is a lover of all things classic rock, I had been aware of Stevie Nicks for some time. I knew about her affiliation with Fleetwood Mac and really enjoyed many of their songs. Stevie really became a notable presence in my life in 2003. Fleetwood Mac was releasing a new album and embarking on a world tour, the first in six years. I watched a lot of Vh1 back then, and promos for a new documentary about the making of this album were all over the place. I recorded the documentary, Destiny Rules, and watched it late one night in my room. This was a turning point for me. I was already more than intrigued by Stevie; her voice and her drive, and her sense of humor, in this documentary are why I fell in love with her. This was the beginning of my obsession with both her and Fleetwood Mac. I now have all of her albums in addition to all Fleetwood Mac albums of which Stevie was a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment