Monday, September 13, 2010

Stevie Challenge - Days 8 & 9

Day 8 - A photo that makes you go UNF


Um, hello.

Day 9 - Your favorite era

Difficult question. Vocally and physically, Stevie was at her finest in the early years. But even with weight gain, she was still smoking. Creatively, there have been fluxes, but that's the case with every artist. I'm very fond of '80s Stevie. She made her largest transitions during this decade also. Additionally, I am a huge fan of big hair. HUGE. The mid-late '80s are boosted for me because of Stevie's fantabulous hair. I also like the Stevie of the '00s because she has really pumped up her image again over the last five years or so. Touring, working on new music, and getting her voice back - this is the Stevie of now. Taking all of these things into consideration, I have to say that my "favorite era" is probably the '80s. Her solo career began, hit its stride, flopped; a lot of changes were happening professionally and personally. This decade was full of change for Stevie, and things started and ended so differently that you have to respect all the things that happened to/for Stevie during the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment