Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bette Challenge - Day 23

Day 23 - Favorite performance

Gee, this challenge could be interpreted in a couple different ways. Favorite live vocal performance, favorite acting performance? I don't know!!! I know later I have to choose a favorite movie character, which I already have picked out, but I'm not sure what to do with this one. I guess I can choose one of each.

My favorite live Bette performance, since I haven't physically seen her live, would have to be any of the Delores DeLago bits that she does in her shows. I love Delores! She's my favorite of Bette's characters. I don't know if it's the campy reworkings of classic songs, the wheelchair choreography, or the mermaid costumes, but everything Delores does is phenomenal. Delores for President!

Favorite acting performance without a doubt is in The Rose. She was raw and vulnerable, and also completely unexperienced as an actress at the time. No one could have done with that part what she did, and her vocals from that movie are just astounding and so different from the idea of Bette that everyone has. (Rocker chick versus easy listening queen, what she's known as nowadays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment