Monday, August 16, 2010

Bette Challenge - Days 10, 11, 12 & 13

Sorry for the delay in posting again. My birthday was Saturday and I had three days off from work, so my plate was a little full. Catch-up time again today.

Day 10 – A Bette Midler-related video

Pretty much the greatest moment in television history, as far as I'm concerned.



Day 11 – A Bette Midler-related photo you took



Day 12 – Your favorite music video

The reason why this is my favorite video occurs at about the 3:03 mark.
http://www.spike.com/video/bette-midler-to/2789082

Day 13 – A song that makes you cry

I could name multiple Bette songs that make me cry, but one that many people probably don't know is the Randy Newman-penned "I Think It's Going to Rain Today". The song is moving enough on its own, but what really brings the tears is when I hear this song during Beaches. It comes at a pivotal point in the movie, when Hillary finds out that the disease she has (viral cardiomyopathy) is fatal. I blubber every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment